Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Canon 814 question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member johnlancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I just bought a Canon 814 and need a question answered... Should I even bother to try and find 2 PX-13 1.3v batteries for the electric eye auto exposure feature on this camera, or should I just use the manual exposure and get myself a good light meter? Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    John

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think you will be finding any more Mercury PX-13s stateside at least, but all hope is not lost.

    1) Do you have a friend in Canada or Europe, (or anywhere but the US) that knows cameras? Ask them to go to a local photo shop and ask about the mercury cell. If they can buy them it's legal for them to mail them to you in the US.

    2) Try this neat adapter that makes a silver cell into a direct voltage PX-13 replacement:

    http://www.criscam.com/mr9.htm

    3) Try the zinc air cell, it's almost exactly the right voltage but has limited useful life:

    http://www.photobattery.com/zincair.html

    4) Try the Alkaline replacement, I've heard in many cases it works.

    I read elsewhere on this board that you need the cells in there even in manual exposure mode.

  3. #3
    TA152
    Guest TA152's Avatar

    Post

    Might offer som help:

    http://www.acecam.com/magazine/battery2.html

    Varta in Germany Still makes them as it seems.

    R

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 23, 2002 03:54 AM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    John

    Varta makes them.
    Look for Varta V625u, Alkaline 1.5v

    I own the camera and the batteries work just fine.
    Try ebay or Radio Shack.

    Scott

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •